Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Best of Best in Rocklin and Loomis!

See the list of the best of Best in Rocklin. A fun list always and a great guideline for fun places to go ... http://www.placerherald.com/pub/rocklin/special_sections.html?p=best-best-rocklin%2Fissue%2Fbest-best-rocklin-2008

Here are the places I have experienced, I speak/write truthfully ...

High-Hand Nursery, one of the winners is really a beautiful place. My friend in fact got married there! It is a beautiful setting and I have to go back to have lunch there now. I hear they have changed up the place and what it offers. The plant and flower selection are mind boggling and presentation thereof is just spectacular. If I remember correctly they also have a koi set up. Might be wrong. I highly recommend you check them out and heck even pick up a beautiful plant.

Planet's Best Pizza is AMAZING. Freshest and most amazing pizza ever. My friend introduced me to this place and although a bit out of the way for me, it is well worth the drive. You must check this place out. As far as I know it is still take-out only. Staff is always charming and I love their little map on the wall of all the "regulars" ... too cute and great grub!

Granite Rock Grill ROCKS. Nothing else to say. Food is fantastic and everytime we have frequented this place with friends WITH kids, it has been nothing short of amazing service. THey cater to our kids and are unbelievable with great food to go with it.

Icing on the Cupcake is good too. Adorable shop and presentation. They do a great job of marketing. Bringing this to a party, say a variety pack, you will be the hit of the girlie outing. Try all the different flavors. Many people swear by these beautiful little cupcakes. I think they are pretty good, but the variety of flavors and fun make this a great stop. Plus they have a recycling box policy (or least they did in 2008).

Beach Hut Deli is a great sandwich. My pocket books don't always hit this sandwich all the time, but I must say they serve up an incredible sandwich. So many fun, tastebud tingling, combinations.

Unbelievably I haven't been to is the new Nugget marget. Best Market. (Bel-Air/Raleys won best Grocery Store) But I have experienced their AMAZING produce. Phoooey! TALK about good fruit, bar none some of the best in the area (besides of course the farmers market). I hear it is beautiful and I love the beautiful retro paintings on the side of the building. Beautifying our world with art ... love it. One day I will step inside. The environmental graphics pieced with the beautiful entrance really add class to our area.

Start enjoying!

1 comment:

yearofthedragon said...

My kids LOVE high hand nursery!! I agree with all the items on your list, except the pizza place. I like it, but Drew doesn't. The Granite grill place I've never been to. My kids like Nugget, too. My wallet does NOT like Nugget. :) "Oh, look! I'll get four of these awesome little things!"