Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Walkie Talkies are Cool ... Sometimes.

So I will bounce back and forth between Real Estate materials and personal stories. I personally find all educational materials boring and like to "jazz" it up a little with my personal anecdotes.

So my daughter has an amazing little new friend in our neighborhood ... good times for all. Complete opposite of my daughter but they mesh well and too, butt heads, but great for young kids. Constantly learning from each other's different approaches and techniques.

So enough about the backgrounds, yesterday the wonderful world of walkie talkies was introduced to them ... omigosh, what have we gotten ourselves into? Now they can totally know what they are doing at all times.

I wonder what the "wear-off of interest" factor is with battery operated walkie-talkies?

Every ten seconds, "hey do you know how to use this thing?"
"Hey do you know what I had for dinner?"
"Can we have a sleep over?"

So my daughter is just not "getting it." Our neighborhood buddy is as quick as they come. Sharp as a tack and quick to find a solution. My girl is my little flower. Very deliberate and wants to know all involved risks. Just as smart, but a completely different approach. More emotionally driven and not as gadget savvy.

As I remember back in my can and string days, I couldn't always pick up things as fast as I do know. "Wait I hold the string tight and talk where??"Such a stark contrast to my current nerdie-computer girl status. Don't worry my babydoll, your nerd days are shortly ahead of you if my genetics have any play in your life.

My daughter: WHAT?!?! I cannot hear you."

Me: "let go of the button ... so she can talk girl. Okay you have to hold down the button to talk and THEN let go when you are done."

My daughter: "Oh .... wait what??"

Me: "Oh nevermind."
I guess you have to learn on the war field how to experience and utilize effectively the almighty walkie-talkie.

Such a powerful tool, such a mighty obligation …
"Hey are you asleep now ... don't worry I will call you in the morning."

No comments: