Saturday, November 15, 2008

The chaos and beauty of the new mall area!


So we ventured out today to the new mall (Galleria Mall) to the new stores and new food court area. The Fountains, ACROSS the street, already gets a huge thumbs up from our family. We love the grassy area for the kids to play and also the "fountain" area. It isn't just a catchy name folks where your water can be sprinkled with chlorinated water on a windy day driving down Roseville Pkwy. They have a beautiful fountain central to the shopping area that is synchronized to music in the evenings. Not sure about during the day time. A sure hit with the little ones and tired parents enjoying a bit of peace of spacing out watching water change colors to good music.

So back to the new addition (phase 1) at the Galleria ...

I felt weird snapping a shot with my new trusty iPhone (a moment of silence) inside the food court, but that BY far is the craziest improvement next to the more organic transition to the CrateandBarrel and also to the Sears. My mother and I don't agree, but I know darn right that C&B store is much smaller and not just more narrow. 2nd floor was so claustrophobic to me. Bummer.

The food court, has outdoor dining now and still has the feeling of the courtyard below of the previous design (minus the bumblebee zone for kiddies, which I am NOT happy about as I loved it) a few new additions, but much more classy and a different treatment to seating then before. Let's just say, don't go out there to the Food Court particularly unless you A. have a good tolerance for crowds and mass teenagers B. you have just done your meditation (or had a solid, good swig from your flask, I kid I kid). So we got our Panda Express and then we proceeded to eat on the balcony, but unfortunately we were terrorized by evil harsh sun. Holy moses it was WARM today. BUT it really did look beautiful at the food court. I sound ridiculous, but such an improvement. It is much more earthy tones with a modern flair. Not so circus and cheese that the Westfield malls can tend to be like ... I still despise their corner hub art piece at Galleria Blvd and Roseville Pkwy. uggh.

ONE good thing is that there is traffic control at ALL the stop signs. For how long. I have not the slightest clue. But it sure as heck felt like Christmas season already out there. Didn't feel like a down economy that is FO' SHO! Sure many are probably lookie-loos, but I saw a TON of people toting bags. And even a few canvas bags. Allllll-right!

SO take a looksie at the new stores, the new garage (it actually isn't too bad up close).

ALl the remodeling primarily dealt with the Crate and Barrel area and tied it into the alley way where the See's candies is ... (the last alley way NORTH before you reach Nordies/Nordstrom). The area where Restoration Hardware "was" has been pushed out further and the food court is on the 2nd floor still but jutted out (I amguessing) more towards the parking area between Ruth Chris' and Sears used to be. YOu know, where the one electrical car parking spot was (ehehhehe). I know I am a nerd.

I heard through the grapevine they were giving out mad, crazy gift certificates from American Express? Saaaay what? I will have to inquire from my secret source, aka mom more on that.

Bon chancé on shopping! Oh and sedate yourself to deal with the pre-Thanksgiving CHRISTMAS music. Talk about a need for a law. it IS NOT right!!! AFTER thanksgiving people. uggh.


To view all the stores in there for PHASE 1: Click here to visit the Galleria Mall website: http://westfield.com/galleriaatroseville/news/UnveilingPhaseOne.html

RosevilleAndRocklin.com

No comments: