Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Hot days, frozen nights ...

The return of 3-digit heat is really not cool, pun intended, nor was I hoping it ever would. I guess I was secretly hoping the cool weather would just morph into the beautiful October cool down. This heat stinks. So over the past six months plus, you probably have noticed various named yogurt shops popping up out at all corners of the area.

So "Yo-Gurt" I have what you need ... and it is the frozen yogurt craze of the area.

Man there are a lot of frozen yogurts in Roseville and Rocklin right now. Particularly in Roseville. Big Spoon, Yog-Yog and the historically, consistent and good “Honey Treat” in the Mervyn's parking lot, but I have to say our favorite is "Top it Off." I am not sure if it is just the product I like and how the toppings are dispensed (I don't like fingers grazing my toppings-even though there are SOME self scoop) or just the layout and freshness of the decor. Pretty simple as it is, I liked it the best.

Big Spoon is indeed pretty tasty too, but the lines, whether just freak timing on our part (which may very well be the case) have always ridiculously long! Kudos to them. I know of many people that like Yog-Yog. If only Jon-N-Bons (Chico) would open up down here ...

So if you are looking for some ways to cool off in a healthy or non-healthy route, we have more options than I ever thought possible in the area in the form of frozen yogurt. Seems like only a year or so ago we had near nothing around here. $1 scoop night on Tuesdays at 31 Flavors was about all that was to be had ...

For a more Rocklin-oriented shout out on the baked goods side of dessert: I also hear the cupcake place on Pacific street (just North east of Rocklin rd) is darn good too! Icing on the Cupcake. Cute packaging and a good fun way to brighten with a sugar smile (pretty cute packaging too). I haven't been there YET.

2 comments:

yearofthedragon said...

Are you trying to kill me, Heather?!?!

:)

My kids love Big Spoon. I think they really like assembling their own goodies, though.

RosevilleAndRocklin said...

RE: Bins
I have to nearly hog-tie my little one to keep her out of the bins. Thank goodness the gummi worms, or as she calls me them "'nakes" (snakes), are on a top shelf.

RE: Big Spoon (no abbreviations would be good for the name) ...HA! I know, I know "BAD Heather." Okay I like it, but I like Top it Off better. I am in the minority I suppose. The "Fountains" location is pure madness. BUT I do LOVE that green space where kids can run around like wild monkeys.