Friday, October 17, 2008

It's Friday ...

So this Friday post: let's start with interesting, then environment, safety and Holiday!


Interesting:
A one in two million occurrence ... that will never experience a skinny dip in hot butter and no it isn't hanging out in the Red Lobster tank for all-you-can-eat night.




Environment:




I had no clue about wire hangers, minus the fact that I despise them. Heck you can get cheap wood hangers from IKEA! So anyhoo, I thought the story above was a good one and food for thought for those like us, that are frequently the dry cleaners. Maybe we could start treating them like "canvas bags" and bring in ones for your clothes. Not sure if that is a viable solution for quick turnaround and loss, but something to start with conceptually.


Safety:
Is it just me or are we seeing a re-surge in hand-held illegal cell phone use? I have been nearly mowed over by men and women a half dozen times this week on their cell phone. Ya got kids on the road, and incoming call comes in, PULL OVER people or don't answer. I know a lot of us don't like the earpiece, I agree I am not the biggest fan. So here is another alternative, which I can vouch, sounds great, the Blue Ant.

Steve has LOVED his blue ant in lieu of the sci-fi freaky ear piece. I know it is an accessory to some, but I tell you I do get freaked out still to this day of people looking like they are talking to themselves. I have answered people thinking they were talking to me, only to find out they were on the secret stealth ear piece blue tooth. "FOILED AGAIN, Arrgggh!" Only to be followed with a nasty eye roll or a condescending, "it's okay honey." Oh puh-lease.


Holiday:
Halloween is ON a Friday this year. WahOooO! I have a lot of making up to do with my kids and busting out some serious Halloween decorations with our busy schedules. And Wishing Well, I am NOT happy with you discontinuing my glow in the dark necklace packs! I loved giving kids the necklaces to make them seen and heard in the dark night.

So be careful out there folks and have a safe and happy weekend.

Oh and if you are a land lover this weekend and have the rock and roll lifestyle of sleeping by 930 ... if you have TiVo, Sarah Palin plans on Saturday Night Live this weekend. No word yet if Tina Fey will show.

No comments: