Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween Peeps!

Ughh .. peeps ... for some reason those Easter time snacks just popped in my head. Bleggh. And yes there ARE Halloween peeps. The ghost ones kind of crack me up.


Happy Halloween Folks ...
From Halloween


So we are having a lot of fun for this post ...
Okay I love Snopes.com go ahead and laugh. I actually haven't been surfing the net as much. I try to read a few real estate websites and read the news in the wee hours of the morning by myself. I do love reading Inman and occasionally Trulia ... But lately work has monopolized that time. BUT I did surf Snopes this morning and here are some fun reads in light of the fun Holiday. If you are not familiar with snopes, you should. Anytime you get a hooky email from a friend/or perimeter email buddy check this site to verify the yahoo-oriented email. It is fantastic, okay back to Halloween!

TOP COSTUMES & Halloween folklore: http://www.snopes.com/holidays/halloween/halloween.asp

Here are some pics of last year of our porch. Steve and I have been non-stop this past year and I am slacking a bit on our Halloween decor. It is going to be a last minute dash to the finish line. I didn't get to enjoy my artistic work as long this year. Kind of a bummer, but c'est la vie. The girls and I carved our pumpkins up last night. Steve raced to the airport after a home inspection in Natomas (hoooRAY Ingar) to get my mom and her lovely guy Rob from the airport. Thanks Steve for doing that ...

Heck we even missed my FAVORITE event in Downtown Roseville on Vernon on Tuesday. Which saddens me so. No funny shots this year. No chasing my two year old who waits like a ninja for me to not be paying any attention. "Hey mom look over there, [insert two year old draft of air and running]" hahahaha No shots of Steve going down the big blow up slide with both of the girls squealing. Sigh.
From Halloween


The Tuesday night show in Downtown Old Roseville is such a blast with stores giving out treats and a reptile show plus costuming judging.
From Halloween


Tonight visit the Callson Manor Haunted House at the Placer County Fairgrounds. I hear it is pretty good. There are some reviews on YELP too.

For Rocklin residents:
Trick-or-Treat Faire
Community Services & Facilities - Recreation
Location: Sunset Center Main Hall (2650 Sunset Blvd., Rocklin, CA)
Admission is FREE for elementary school-aged children and younger, accompanied by an adult.
Date: 10/31/2008
Time: 4:30 PM - 6:30 PM

So if you haven't gotten your outfit here is a quick reference for you to dart out to local stores. I heard last night was a MAD house at most stores. Click here for a quick google search.

So everyone be careful out there. I encourage for little ones with dark outfits to please be sporting a few glow-in-the-dark necklaces. Wal-Mart had the glow in the dark sticks for 88cents or around there. They are though every where. I really like the necklace type in lieu of the dangling stick. Keep those little ones illuminated. That way you can see them from near every angle. I like to even hit the girls wrists with a smaller version of the bracelet. I usually get my big pack of glow sticks from Wishing Well but they didn't do this year. I have some though left over from last year.

Reflective tape is great too!

Avoid the homes with no lights and avoid the foreclosure yards! And please parents and kids out there, please don't litter. With the rains here and coming, it goes into the drains or into a undeserved yard.

Be careful y'all and have a great halloween.

Steve and I will be working most of the day. We are still cranking away at work. Email is still the best way to reach ME, but Steve, I highly recommend you just pick up a phone: 916.308.2446 ...

Happy Halloween and please be safe!

No comments: