Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Oh you didn't take HER off the REPLY all? Uh oh ...

Okay since I am swimming in real estate photo and website marketing mania, a post off-topic today ... and taking a walk on the funnier side of internet life.

So I was doing my usual work and early morning routine today when I was introduced to Google's new email "do-ya-really-wanna-send-that-email" protection/prevention software, "Goggles," like beer goggles. This cracked me up so much I had to share. I don't use Google's email system, but I do like all the gadgets and their thinking. I also am a frequent user of their IM with friends and clients.

The google email prevention software, from what I read, kicks in late at night and makes you complete basic questions of a math-related nature before it allows you to send that email. Insinuating and/or reminding, an email you should not probably be sending under conditions of perhaps an altered state of mind or say "emotional clouding?"

Heck sometimes I get an email late at night from a person involved with a real estate transaction that perhaps doesn't have the "sweetest" e-tone that this may be a good thing for some of us. And I want to sometimes retaliate with a "hey miss/mr. suzy/joe poopy pants!?! Can I help you in the sunshine category?" Not everyone is blessed with the gift of good e-tone and or perhaps e-manners we can all safely assess. What I do know is angry emails only further the hostile black snowball so I do myself to catch that anger and just say, "Bless their heart. They hit the oblivious tree and hit every branch on the way down." And I move on.

Okay that doesn't tag a chord? Sunshine and yellow happy faces only grace your days, well perhaps you have done the fateful "REPLY all" and said things you probably shouldn't have said late at night. Uh oh! I have some top notch friend stories involved here, but I digress ... AND Granted some people truly don't care who knows their thoughts, but if you do ... this could be the late night program to/for you. Heck maybe google should be called "goffee" in the morning? Early at work pre-coffee say? Or even better "groggles." Maybe instead of math in the morning it could be the cue for pre-sent emails could be, "Hey lugnut, did you know you are replying all and your boss is on here?"

So if you don't trust yourself to a late night email you will regret or MAYBE catch you not taking off that REPLY all too, give it a whirl. Or just read google's blog for a giggle. Click here.

And uh, if math is not your forté, well maybe this really won't work for you anyhow. DOH!

No comments: